Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Two for Tuesday: Arromanches-les-Bains

Two for Tuesday is a regular feature I'll be running with two random pictures that I love, but didn't quite make it into a blog post. This week, I picked two from my stay in Arromanches-les-Bains, France because even though I was only there for one day, it was one of my favorite stops in France. You can read more about it, and the mulberry harbor wreckage shown here, in my post coming a couple days from now.


Mulberry harbor wreckage at Gold Beach in Arromanches-les-Bains, France
Wreckage left from WWII on the beach.
These were pieces of the harbor that have washed ashore and become stacked like fallen dominoes over time. Exploring them at low tide was one of the highlights of our visit.

Gold Beach at Arromanches-les-Bains, France
The view of Arromanches-les-Bains from a hill above town.
After exploring the beaches and museum, we climbed up a small hill overlooking town. There's a little park at the top with a tank on display, but the real treat is the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment